Knitting Fork with Rainbow Yarn
- In stock, ready to ship
- FREE GIFT WITH PURCHASE: Spend $125 and receive a free six-pack of Bella Luna Wooden Toy Eggs valued at $14. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with Star Coins rewards or other promo codes.
Our durable wooden Knitting Fork (also known as a lucet) is an easy way to introduce children to the art of knitting.
Lucet knitting is a traditional craft that dates back to medieval times.
The lucet, a lyre-shaped handtool, was employed to create sturdy cords that were used for attachments in clothing or to hang items from a belt, since, back then, there were no handy metal clasps or snaps.
The lucet was widely used until machine-made cords came along in the 19th century.
This set includes plant-dyed 100% organic wool Rainbow Yarn for your first project!
Simple hand and finger movements create a loose, springy chain that can be used as a cord, in garlands, or sewn into a variety of shapes.
Children will watch with eager fascination as the strand of knitted yarn grows longer and longer as their busy hands work!
A terrific exercise for building fine motor skills.
- SIZE : Knitting fork measures 6.5 inches long
- MATERIALS : Hardwood knitting fork and organic plant-dyed wool
- INCLUDES : Knitting fork and one small skein of organic yarn
- ORIGIN : Made in Germany
Special shipping information about this product:
- Ships from our warehouse in New York within 2-3 business days. Estimated delivery times for your shipping address will be calculated at checkout.
- Free shipping on orders over $99 shipping within the contiguous 48 USA or to Armed Forces addresses. Order sub-total must be $99 or more after discounts or Star Coins have been applied.
- See our Shipping Policy for more details.
We want you to be entirely delighted with your purchase from Bella Luna Toys! If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund (less promotional discounts and shipping charges).