Creating a seasonal nature table helps children connect with nature and become aware of the natural rhythm of the year.
A seasonal table does not mean you need to relegate an entire tabletop. They can be as simple as a handful of found objects on a tray. Or, if space provides, a large decorative spread.
The natural changes of our earth are reflected as new objects are added, and old ones are taken away. The colorful blooms of summer make way for autumnal leaves, pinecones and rich brown acorns.
Explore our fall seasonal table with us!
Our Favorite Fall Picks
Here are some of our favorite items to use year after year in our fall nature table.
Put It All Together
There is no one right way to create a seasonal table. They can be minimal or completely crowded with treasures! Here are some tips for setting up an inviting space to celebrate the season.
- Encourage exploration and engagement by choosing a location where your family spends a lot of time. We placed our Waldorf Family Wooden Perpetual Calendar on the table so we can visit and enjoy the display each day. We also love to place nature tables right by the front door so children are encouraged to bring treasures from the outdoors in!
- Set the scene with play silks. You can add beautiful seasonal colors or create landscapes with a couple of carefully draped silks. Wrap them around a vase, or carefully hang them on the wall.
- Bring in natural elements from your local flora and fauna. We chose a spray of red blooms from our garden and a handful of acorns found on a walk.
- Create levels to add visual interest. You can achieve this by adding a tall vase or branch, tiered trays or a stack of books to create height. Or hang some decor for some vertical intrigue!
- Display your favorite seasonal books. Enjoy them all season by keeping them close by and rotate beloved pages on display.
- Celebrate with verses! We've created some beautiful autumn verse pages, with the help of Stephanie Green, for you to print out and put on display. You can download them here.
- Decorate with whimsical objects and natural materials. Our wool and wooden trees pair perfectly with the felt gnomes, and the handcrafted bat perched near the edge of the vase is a little touch of magic.
Enjoy a season of connection with each other and nature as you put together your fall seasonal table. And be sure to share your masterpieces with us!
Share with us on Instagram by tagging us at @BellaLunaToys or using the hashtag #BellaLunaToys. We can't wait to see your inspiring seasonal displays!