Grimm's Annual Calendar Ring
$ 259.00 $ 0.00
This unique and beautiful perpetual calendar, developed out of Montessori education, was designed to help children learn the rhythm of the year.
The Annual Calendar Ring set from Grimm's Spiel & Holz of Germany includes 12 segments, each representing one month of the year, and colors represent seasons: green shades for spring, yellow for summer, red for fall, and blue for winter.
Every Sunday, move a marble or candle one hole from left to right for the current month to represent the week.
Add one marble daily to the outer ring of 31 holes, which represent the days of the month. (You may wish to assign one color to each day of the week, for instance, Monday-purple; Tuesday-red, Wednesday-yellow, etc.)
At the end of the month, clear the ring in anticipation of the new month and move one segment forward.
Add the set of 12 decorative figures (which can also be used in our birthday ring) to represent each month of the year.
Place extra marbles or seasonal treasure found in nature in the wooden bowl at the center.
- Wooden Baseplate with 31 holes for marbles (may be flipped over to display other objects)
- 12 Wooden Sections in Frame representing each month of the year (one color for each month)
- 35 Wooden Marbles (one color for each day of the week)
- Wooden Bowl
Optional set of decorative figures includes:
- Red Tulip
- 1 Brass Candle Holder
A beautiful way to mark the seasons, celebrate birthdays, and observe the passing of the year!
- MATERIAL : Lime wood, hand-painted with non-toxic water-based color stains
- SIZE : Base is 19.25" in diameter
- ORIGIN : Made in Germany
- FREE SHIPPING : This item ships free within the 48 contiguous United States.
- STANDARD SHIPPING ONLY : Quick-Ship and Expedited shipping are not available for this item. Allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Why We Love This Product
Sorry, this item cannot be gift wrapped.